Colby Co. is a midsize design firm specializing in architecture and mechanical, structural, electrical, fire protection and civil engineering. Seventy employees strong, Colby Co. is noted for its commitment to technical and service excellence and a fun, flexible, rigorous work environment. Located in the vibrant small city of Portland, Maine, Colby Co. offers a balance of opportunities for working and living well. Colby Co. has been named consecutively to the 2018 through 2023 “Best Places to Work in Maine” lists, ranking in the Top Ten each year.
We currently have an opening for an IT Support Technician with 3+ years of experience providing IT support for in-office and remote employees
The position is part of the IT Department. The successful candidate will bring strong knowledge of IT systems, services and hardware, the ability to quickly diagnose and resolve technical issues, understanding of common networking protocols, and knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems.
In addition to an outstanding technical skill set, this person should be a quick, flexible thinker who has the ability to problem solve with a strong attention to detail, and excellent communication skills. This full-time position will be based at Colby Co.’s office in Portland, Maine.
- Provide prompt technical support to users by researching and answering questions, troubleshooting problems, and maintaining workstation and network performance
- Install and configure computer equipment to update or fix hardware or software issues
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, and appropriate software
- Set user access, permissions and roles to prevent unauthorized access
- Generate email and network accounts for new users
- Assist in software installation and updates
- Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service
- Prepare evaluations of software or hardware and recommend improvements or upgrades
- Assist in maintenance of telephone systems, printing systems, and other technology
- Assist in maintaining firewalls and security devices to ensure network security
- Monitor system, internet, network and file server logs for unusual activity
- Train users on system and software functions
- Support audio and video equipment in conference rooms
- Manage and monitor internal assets to ensure accurate inventory records
- Provide and/or develop training materials and procedures in the proper installation and maintenance of hardware or software, as needed
- Assist with project work, as needed
Colby Co. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job, click here.