Colby Company is a midsize design firm specializing in architecture and mechanical, structural, electrical, fire protection and civil engineering. Sixty employees strong, Colby Co. is noted for its commitment to technical and service excellence and a fun, flexible, rigorous work environment. Located in the vibrant small city of Portland, Maine, Colby Co. offers a balance of opportunities for working and living well. Colby Co. has been named to both the 2018, 2019 and 2020 “Best Places to Work in Maine” lists, ranking in the Top Ten each year.
We currently have an opening for an Architect with 8+ years of experience in a design firm setting. Responsibilities include studies and planning; preparation of plans and coordination of drawings for a broad range of architectural designs; coordination with multiple engineering disciplines; and construction administration.
The position may also include leading project team assignments and contributing to all phases of planning, design, construction administration. The successful candidate will demonstrate experience negotiating critical issues and collaborating with other team members to meet project deadlines.
This position is a part of a 10-person Architectural Department, which is comprised of Registered Architects and Architectural Designers. Additionally, Colby Co. offers mechanical, fire protection, electrical, structural, and civil engineering with our in-house staff. The new and renovated building design projects range in size from $50,000 to $90M in construction value for State, Federal, Industrial and Commercial clients.
- Research, plan, and design a variety of building projects
- Provide technical guidance and coordinate with the technical team, including civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, and fire protection engineering
- Work with the project team to prepare presentations and produce documents from schematic design through to the construction phase
- Conduct and document site visits, process submittals, substitution requests, and RFI’s during construction
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture
- 8+ years of project experience in an architectural practice
- Working knowledge of building codes, standards, building construction, and building structures
- Proficient in current version of AutoCAD and/or Revit, SketchUp, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication and relationship management skills
- Architectural Registration
In addition to our insurance and retirement benefits package, we offer two paid volunteer days a year, Anniversary Bonuses, paid educational reimbursement, summer hours, paid time off (PTO), flex time, free parking, educational company outings and great co-workers.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Colby Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.