Colby Company is a midsize design firm specializing in architecture and mechanical, structural, electrical, fire protection and civil engineering. Forty-five employees strong, Colby Co. is noted for its commitment to technical and service excellence and a fun, flexible, rigorous work environment. Located in the vibrant small city of Portland, Maine, Colby Co. offers a balance of opportunities for working and living well. Colby Co. has been named to both the 2018 and the 2019 “Best Places to Work in Maine” lists, ranking as the #3 Small Business in 2019.
We currently have an opening for a Senior Architect responsible for providing technical leadership, leading project team assignments; and contributing to all phases of planning, design, construction administration. The successful candidate will have experience leading and mentoring other team members and experience negotiating critical issues in collaboration with the Project Manager.
This position is a part of the six-person Architectural Department, which is comprised of Registered Architects and Architectural Designers. Additionally, Colby Co. offers mechanical, fire protection, electrical, structural, and civil engineering with our in-house staff. The new and renovated building design projects range in size from $50,000 to $90M in construction value for State, Federal, Industrial and Commercial clients.
- Research, plan, and design a variety of building projects
- Lead and mentor team members in the implementation and delivery of a project designs
- Provide technical guidance and coordinate with the project team, including civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, and fire protection engineering
- Work with the project team to prepare presentations and produce documents from schematic design through to the construction phase
- Conduct and document site visits, process submittals, substitution requests, and RFI’s during construction
Desired Traits and Requirements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture
- 10+ years of project experience in an architectural practice
- Working knowledge of building codes, standards, building construction, and building structures
- Proficient in current version of AutoCAD and/or Revit, SketchUp, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication and relationship management skills
- Architectural Registration
In addition to our insurance and retirement benefits package, Colby Co. offers two paid volunteer days a year, paid educational reimbursement, summer hours, paid time off (PTO), flex time, educational company outings and great co-workers.
Colby Co.’s office is located in the heart of downtown Portland, Maine. With a metro area of 500,000, Portland offers a wide variety of professional opportunities, cultural activities and outdoor events in an accessible and affordable setting. Portland has recently been recognized by a number of national publications for its unique character and quality of life.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Colby Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.