Colby Co. Engineering is a midsize engineering and architecture firm specializing in architecture and mechanical, fire protection, structural, electrical, and civil engineering. Thirty-seven employees strong, Colby Co. is noted for its commitment to technical and service excellence and a fun, flexible, rigorous work environment. Located in the vibrant small city of Portland, Maine, Colby Co. offers a balance of opportunities for working and living well. We currently have a full-time position open for an Architectural Design CADD Drafter with 10+ years of building experience in a consulting design firm setting. We are looking for a designer who can prepare plans and coordinate drawings for a broad range of architectural designs and coordinate with multiple engineering disciplines.
The successful candidate will bring a deep, successful track record of design and quality control. In addition to an outstanding technical skillset, s/he will be a quick, flexible thinker and problem-solver who is accustomed to working in fluid teams on tight deadlines. This position is a part of the Architecture Department which is comprised of a Maine Licensed Architect and Architectural Designers. Additionally, Colby Co. offers mechanical, electrical, fire protection, structural, and civil engineering with our in-house staff. You will have the opportunity to work on multidisciplinary design teams as many of our projects encompass more than one discipline. Projects range in size from $50,000 to $60M in construction value for Private, State, Federal, Industrial and Commercial clients.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Knowledge of architectural standards and practices, compatible software, and construction materials and methods
- Experience with project design, construction documents and construction administration for multiple client types
- Ability to coordinate with multiple disciplines
- Experience with BIM a plus
Colby Co.’s office is located in the heart of downtown Portland, Maine. With a metro area of 500,000, Portland offers a wide variety of professional opportunities, cultural activities and outdoor events in an accessible and affordable setting. Portland has recently been recognized by a number of national publications for its unique character and quality of life:
- #1 Most Livable City: Forbes 2009
- #8 Best Restaurant Metro Area in the US: Huffington Post 2013
- #10 Healthiest City for Women: Women’s Health Magazine 2013
- #1 Best City in the US for Your Second Act: Kiplinger Personal Finance Magazine 2012
- #3 Best City in the US for Families: Parenting Magazine 2012
- #7 Greenest City: Travel and Leisure 2012
- #6 Best City for Job Prospects: 2012
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Colby Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.