Colby Company Engineering is a midsize engineering firm specializing in mechanical, structural, electrical, fire protection and civil engineering and architecture. Forty employees strong, Colby Co. is noted for its commitment to technical and service excellence and a fun, flexible, rigorous work environment. Located in the vibrant small city of Portland, Maine, Colby Co. offers a balance of opportunities for working and living well.
We currently have an opening for a Civil Designer with 5+ years of experience preparing plans and coordinating drawings for a broad range of engineering designs and prior experience coordinating with multiple engineering disciplines. In addition to an outstanding technical skillset, s/he will be a quick, flexible thinker and problem-solver who is accustomed to working in fluid teams on tight deadlines.
This position is a part of the Civil Engineering Department. Additionally, Colby Co. offers mechanical, fire protection, electrical, and structural engineering and architecture with our in-house staff. Projects range in size from $50,000 to $90M in construction value for State, Federal, Industrial and Commercial clients.
- Proficiency in Civil 3D by AutoDesk
- Experience with permitting, site design, layout and materials plans, grading and drainage plans, erosion and sedimentation control plans, pre and post-development drainage plans, roadway plans, utility cross sections, gravity sewers, pump stations, and stormwater BMPs.
- Experience with Revit a plus
In addition to our insurance and retirement benefits package, Colby Co. offers two paid volunteer days a year, paid educational reimbursement, summer hours, paid time off (PTO), flex time, paid parking, educational company outings and great co-workers.
Colby Co.’s office is located in the heart of downtown Portland, Maine. With a metro area of 500,000, Portland offers a wide variety of professional opportunities, cultural activities and outdoor events in an accessible and affordable setting. Portland has recently been recognized by a number of national publications for its unique character and quality of life:
- #1 Most Livable City: Forbes 2009
- #8 Best Restaurant Metro Area in the US: Huffington Post 2013
- #10 Healthiest City for Women: Women’s Health Magazine 2013
- #1 Best City in the US for Your Second Act: Kiplinger Personal Finance Magazine 2012
- #3 Best City in the US for Families: Parenting Magazine 2012
- #7 Greenest City: Travel and Leisure 2012
- #6 Best City for Job Prospects: 2012
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Colby Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.