Colby Company Engineering is a midsize engineering firm specializing in mechanical, structural, electrical, fire protection and civil engineering and architecture. Forty employees strong, Colby Co. is noted for its commitment to technical and service excellence and a fun, flexible, rigorous work environment. Located in the vibrant small city of Portland, Maine, Colby Co. offers a balance of opportunities for working and living well.
We currently have an opening for a Construction Manager with 10+ years of building and industrial construction management experience in a consulting engineering design firm setting. We are looking for an Construction Manager who can perform contractor prequalification, bidding support services, construction scheduling, construction cost estimating, RFI and change order management, construction inspection/monitoring and value engineering analysis. The successful candidate will place an emphasis on documentation and communication during all construction activities. In addition to an outstanding technical skillset, s/he will be a quick, flexible thinker and problem-solver who is accustomed to working in fluid teams on tight deadlines.
Colby Co. offers electrical, mechanical, fire protection, structural, civil engineering and architecture with our in-house staff. Projects range in size from $50,000 to $90M in construction value for State, Federal, Industrial and Commercial clients.
- 10+ years of construction management experience
- Cost estimating experience
- Construction scheduling experience with Primavera
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or engineering
- PE License a plus
- Experience with Autocad a plus
- Experience with Revit a plus
In addition to our insurance and retirement benefits package, Colby Co. offers two paid volunteer days a year, paid educational reimbursement, summer hours, paid time off (PTO), flex time, paid parking, educational company outings and great co-workers.
Colby Co.’s office is located in the heart of downtown Portland, Maine. With a metro area of 500,000, Portland offers a wide variety of professional opportunities, cultural activities and outdoor events in an accessible and affordable setting. Portland has recently been recognized by a number of national publications for its unique character and quality of life:
- #1 Most Livable City: Forbes 2009
- #8 Best Restaurant Metro Area in the US: Huffington Post 2013
- #10 Healthiest City for Women: Women’s Health Magazine 2013
- #1 Best City in the US for Your Second Act: Kiplinger Personal Finance Magazine 2012
- #3 Best City in the US for Families: Parenting Magazine 2012
- #7 Greenest City: Travel and Leisure 2012
- #6 Best City for Job Prospects: 2012
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Colby Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.