Colby Company is a midsize design firm specializing in architecture and mechanical, structural, electrical, fire protection and civil engineering. Sixty employees strong, Colby Co. is noted for its commitment to technical and service excellence and a fun, flexible, rigorous work environment. Located in the vibrant small city of Portland, Maine, Colby Co. offers a balance of opportunities for working and living well. Colby Co. has been named consecutively to the 2018 through 2021 “Best Places to Work in Maine” lists, ranking in the Top Ten each year.
We currently have an opening for a Project Manager with 10+ years of experience in building design, project management, and or construction management in a consulting engineering design firm setting. We are looking for an energetic individual who is interested in leading design teams comprised of multiple disciplines and subcontractors. In addition to being the single point of contact, the Project Manager would be responsible for managing the scope, schedule, and budget on projects for projects ranging from $50,000 to $90M in construction value.
The position is part of the Project Management and Construction Management Department. The successful candidate will bring a deep, successful track record of design, quality control and construction administration. In addition to an outstanding technical skillset, s/he will be a quick, flexible thinker and problem-solver who is accustomed to working in fluid teams on tight deadlines. This full-time position will be based at Colby Co.’s office in Portland, Maine. Occasional travel may be required.
- BS in Engineering or Construction Management preferred
- 10+ years of experience in building design, facilities engineering and construction with 5+ years of demonstrated success in a similar position
- Professional Engineers (PE) or Certified Construction Manager (CCM) a plus
- In-depth inter-disciplinary knowledge of building systems, including structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire protection
- Understanding of building code requirements and the industry standard of care.
- Experience with design document and specification preparation, including projects for federal and state government agencies
- Experience with construction scheduling, cost estimating, and construction phase services a plus
- Independent worker who can complete a task with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail and ability to communicate and collaborate across teams
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD, RS Means
In addition to our insurance and retirement benefits package, Colby Co. offers two paid volunteer days a year, paid educational reimbursement, summer hours, paid time off (PTO), flex time, educational company outings and great co-workers.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Colby Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.