Colby Company LLC is currently hiring a Senior Structural Engineer to join their multi-disciplinary design firm. We have registered Professional Engineers in the Electrical, Mechanical, Fire Protection, Structural and Civil fields as well as an experienced group of Architects and Architectural Designers. We provide designs for new projects and renovations with estimated construction costs ranging from $50,000 to $90,000,000. Colby Co. was named to the 2018, 2019 and 2020 “Best Places to Work in Maine” lists, ranking #3 in the Small Business Category.
The successful candidate should have a proven track record of design, quality control and construction administration. In addition to an outstanding technical skillset, s/he should be a flexible problem-solver who is accustomed to working in fluid teams on tight deadlines.
- Research, plan and design a variety of building and industrial projects
- Prepare code compliant plans and coordinate drawings for a broad range of designs utilizing reinforced concrete, structural steel, masonry and wood framing systems
- Serve as a Senior Engineer on multidisciplinary design teams
- Collaborate with the all disciplines to prepare presentations and produce documents from schematic design through to the construction phase
- Mentor junior engineers
- Conduct and document site visits, process submittals, substitution requests, and RFI’s during construction
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Revit
- Experience with RISA 3D, STADD and/or other structural analysis software
- Experience with Building Design
- Familiarity with Government clients: GSA, Post Office, ACOE, NAVFAC
- BS in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Professional Engineer License a plus
- 10+ years of building and industrial experience in a consulting engineering design firm setting desired
In addition to a comprehensive insurance and retirement benefits package, Colby Co. offers two paid volunteer days a year, paid educational reimbursement, summer hours, paid time off (PTO), flex time, and company outings.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Colby Company LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.