Colby Co.’s electrical engineering department provides the design of power distribution, communications, instrumentation and controls for new and renovated building designs, manufacturing facilities, and marine applications.
Colby Co.’s electrical staff has experience with the design of both medium and low-voltage electrical service connections; interior and exterior electrical distribution systems; emergency and back-up power generation systems; alternative energy system design; power system layouts; lighting system layouts; data, communication, and security systems; data collections systems; fire alarm and detection system design; short-circuit current calculations and arc flash hazard analysis; and construction estimates.
Arc Flash Analysis
Colby Co.’s electrical staff has experience with conducting Arc Flash Hazard Analyses with the appropriate software. The studies are performed to assess arc flash hazards and arc flash incidents in the heavy industrial, manufacturing and building environments.
Colby Co. has a variety of experience in many levels of the electronics design and testing industry. We are familiar with many of the industry standard tools such as VHDL, Matlab, and Allegro software. We have experience in a variety of programming languages including Visual C#, C/C++, Perl, and Assembly. We also have experience using many types of laboratory equipment for testing and debugging of electronic circuits.
Recent Projects Include:
- Design of a $2M repair to an electrical system encompassing approximately 50 distribution panels and 1200 branch circuits and feeders for a federal client
- Design of a $2.15M repair to electrical systems in eight hospital buildings for a federal client
- Design of the 480V/3-phase and 208V/3-phase systems electrical service for a $13M historic drydock renovation for a federal client
- Electrical and communications design with back-up UPS for a $9M LEED Gold indoor firing range for a federal client
- Design of an electrical distribution and communications system for a $20M industrial facility for a manufacturing client
- Arc Flash and short circuit analysis for a new, 46,000 SF manufacturing facility
- Design of a new electrical distribution system with a service disconnect, 12.47kV-480V transformer, and 480V/3-Phase distribution sections for a $6M manufacturing facility
- Electrical design for the $1.2M replacement of an HVAC system at a municipal building
- Design of smart metering systems for seven buildings for a federal client
- Design of 480V/3-phase and 208V/3-phase distribution systems for an addition to a service facility