Colby Co.’s Fire Protection Staff is well-versed in the design and code requirements for building fire protection and life safety. They are experienced in performing risk analysis and designing code-compliant fire suppression, alarm, and smoke control systems that meet the needs of facility owners, insurance companies, local fire and code enforcement departments, state fire marshals, and any other authorities that govern the project. Colby Co. has a Registered Fire Protection Engineer on staff.
The types of applications for which our staff has fire protection and smoke control system design experience include office buildings; warehouses with rack and bulk storage; vehicle maintenance garages; fueling stations; manufacturing facilities; explosion risks; flammable liquids and gases; combustible materials; restaurants; national guard armories; heated and unheated storage buildings; road tunnels; and power plants.
Recent Projects Include:
- Sprinkler Designs for Maine National Guard Armories
- Sprinkler Designs and Detection, Alarm and Notification Systems for a 28,000 SF Industrial Building
- Detection, Alarm and High Expansion Foam System for a Retrofitted Aircraft Hangar
- Fire Alarm System and Mass Notification System for a Military Maintenance Facility
- Fire Protection Design for a 46,000 SF, $20M Shipbuilding Facility